We’re hiring! We’re looking for someone awesome to join our admin team in June to cover a maternity leave. Please see the job posting below.
Midwifery Office Assistant
We are looking for someone highly motivated and enthusiastic with the following qualifications:
- Friendly and professional, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate about providing an outstanding level of care and support for our clients, as well as the midwives working at the clinic.
- A high level of computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience OSCAR is an asset, or ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Exceptional ability for multi-tasking, prioritizing and functioning in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Knowledgeable and supportive of the midwifery model in BC.
- Previous administrative or office management experience
- Previous training as a medical office assistant (MOA) is an asset, but not necessary.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Interested in a long-term commitment to our clients and clinic – the position could become permanent.
- Cultivating good working relationships with our clients and midwives, other clinics, and other health care practitioners.
- Answering the phone and e-mails, providing information about midwifery to prospective clients and other health care practitioners, relaying client messages to the midwives on call
- Booking daily appointments in our clinic and as well as coordinating appointments for clients with hospitals, ultrasound facilities and specialist clinics.
- Performing administrative duties such as photocopying, scanning, monitoring and reordering clinic supplies, preparing charts, filing paperwork
- Assisting in keeping the clinic organized and tidy.
- Overseeing volunteers.
We provide a warm, supportive work environment and a somewhat flexible schedule within normal business hours. The position will be approximately 25 hours per week. Availability on Mondays and Tuesdays and Wednesdays is necessary. Wages to be discussed.
Please email resume and cover letter to westsidemidwives.HR@gmail.com